Careers at Savour Italy Travel
Do you have amazing travel experiences in Italy to share with others?
Are you well organized, flexible and out-going?
Is dealing with people enjoyable for you?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we may have the job that you've been looking for! At Savour Italy we truly believe (from years of hands-on direct experience!) that our tour leaders need to be more than just tour leaders – we ask that you do not merely focus on the logistics of the tour, but create a unique and unforgettable experience for all our travellers.
- Experienced travellers: Previous experience living, travelling, studying or working in Italy is an essential requirement for this position.
- Local knowledge: Offer our travellers extra insight into local communities and cultures through knowledge of their customs.
- Leadership and Communications: Experience in leadership roles, with a proven ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts.
- Resourcefulness: Able to deal with all situations. Remain calm and collected under unpredictable and stressful circumstances. Able to take decisive action to resolve problems as they arise.
- Awareness of and Commitment to Sustainable Tourism: Committed to environmentally and culturally responsible tourism, and be an inspiring example to the travellers.
- Good Health and High Energy Level: Handle the daily stresses, both mental and physical, of long and tiring days. Be it a 13-hour bus ride, a long day with a difficult group of travellers, you need to be the friendly, happy, helpful face of Savour Italy Travel - even when it's raining and you've got headache!!
- Commitment to travel on short notice and for many days.
- First Aid/CPR Certification: Must be prepared to act in case of emergency. Standard First Aid Certification and CPR are required at the start of a contract to ensure your ability to assist with injuries, illness, or emergency. The costs of certification are your responsibility.
- Transportation to the tour/client meeting location: it is your responsibility to get yourself to the starting point of the tour or to the meeting point with the clients.
- Background in basic accounting/budgeting: Experience working with budgets or developing a personal budget is an asset.
- Computer literacy: A working knowledge of the Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel is essential.
Before the tour you will:
- Continually increase your knowledge about the visited regions, its culture, eno-gastronomy, local trends, environment, etc.
- Have detailed knowledge of hotels, sights, restaurants, transport, souvenirs, prices, etc. Develop a series of information sources and contacts that can be of assistance when required.
- Maintain a valid passport and visa. It is your responsibility to stay up to date on any travel restrictions based on your nationality.
- Keep vaccinations and preventive medication up to date.
- Be mindful of potential opportunities for Savour Italy, such as new destinations, quality suppliers, travel ideas and ways to improve itineraries.
On each tour, you will:
- Act as day-to-day guide, interpreter and manager of the group.
- Deal directly with your traveller's issues and concerns, ensuring that passenger satisfaction is effectively achieved.
- Maintain the established travel itinerary as closely as possible, making changes only when necessary.
- Make reservations for accommodation, transportation and activities as required.
- Advise travellers on suitable restaurants, optional activities, additional transport requirements, purchase of souvenirs, etc.
- Maintain daily expenditure accounts, retain receipts and keep expenses within the trip budget provided.
- Provide a report for each trip, in the requested format.
- Keep a Travel Log in a standardized format.
- Train new Leaders as required, passing on as much trip-related information as possible.
IMPORTANT TO KEEP IN MIND
The overall success of each journey is largely determined by the Group Leader! For most travellers, the only Savour Italy representative with whom they will have contact is their Group Leader. It is therefore of the utmost importance that you meet the needs of each individual in the group. Your main responsibility is to ensure that your travellers have a fun, safe, memorable experience.
Our travellers have diverse ages and interests, and a multitude of reasons for embarking on their tour. You must ascertain what their needs are early on in the trip in order to ensure that they are satisfied with the quality of service that you provide, and to avoid potential complaints in the future.
Our pay rates vary based on your experience. We provide quarterly incentives, attractive discounts off our trips, daily expense allowances on trips and much more.
Is this the job for you?
Let us know more about you by filling the assessment questionnaire
The asterix (*) means that an answer is required