Careers at Savour Italy Travel
April 2018 - Position status: Vacant
We are looking for an experienced, professional individual to take over our Italian office on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of Italy and all its regions, be available to travel within Italy often and on short notice, know most travel industry suppliers (hotels, restaurants, local guides, chefs, transportation,...), travel activities and itinerary options. We’re looking for a professional who understands the value of excellent customer service and can provide superior level service to all our guests travelling in Italy. The successful candidate will report directly to the owner and work with the Canadian office staff to ensure prompt responses to guests’ inquiries and to notify the appropriate party immediately of supplier issues and other concerns. If you love working with people in a fast-paced environment, get in touch with us immediately.
- Experienced travellers: Previous experience living, travelling, studying or working in Italy is an essential requirement for this position.
- Local knowledge: Offer our travellers extra insight into local communities and cultures through knowledge of their customs.
- Leadership and Communications: Experience in leadership roles, with a proven ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts.
- Resourcefulness: Able to deal with all situations. Remain calm and collected under unpredictable and stressful circumstances. Able to take decisive action to resolve problems as they arise.
- Awareness of and Commitment to Sustainable Tourism: Committed to environmentally and culturally responsible tourism, and be an inspiring example to the travellers.
- Commitment to travel, within Italy's boundaries, on short notice and for many days.
- First Aid/CPR Certification: Must be prepared to act in case of emergency. Standard First Aid Certification and CPR are required at the start of a contract to ensure your ability to assist with injuries, illness, or emergency. The costs of certification are your responsibility.
- Computer literacy: A working knowledge of the Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel is essential.
- Background in basic accounting/budgeting: Experience working with budgets or developing a personal budget is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Support and Assistance (mainly required from May to October). Including but not limited to:
- Meet & Greet clients at airport, train station or harbour, accompany them to a hotel, to meet a driver or a guide.
- Assist clients by providing concierge services (advise on travel options, local businesses, restaurants, shopping,...).
- Issue and deliver vouchers and tickets, phone assistance.
- Deal directly with your traveller's issues and concerns, ensuring that satisfaction is effectively achieved.
- Take initiative and work closely with Canadian head office staff to ensure prompt responses to guests’ inquiries and to notify the appropriate party immediately of supplier issues and other concerns.
- Assistant to the Canadian head office (all year round). Including but not limited to:
- Research and book suppliers. Negotiate prices and contracts.
- Participate to buyer conferences, travel shows to add quality to the company's portfolio of suppliers.
- Perform site visits.
- Design tour packages and itineraries following company standards of quality and budget assigned.
- Provide a report/log for each trip or client assisted to head office.
- On-going training
- Continually increase knowledge about Italy's regions, culture, eno-gastronomy, local trends, environment, etc.
- Add detailed knowledge of hotels, sights, restaurants, transport, souvenirs, prices, etc. Develop a series of information sources and contacts that can be of assistance when required.
- Be mindful of potential opportunities for Savour Italy and its clients, such as new destinations, quality suppliers, travel ideas and ways to improve itineraries.
Qualifications and skills
- In-depth knowledge of Italy
- Availability to travel often and on short notice
- Flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Patentino di Accompagnatore Turistico
- Languages required: Italian, English and French. Your language skills will be assessed periodically during our periodic performance review
IMPORTANT TO KEEP IN MIND
The overall success of each journey is largely determined by the experience that a traveller is exposed to. This is valid from the moment that client arrives at destination to the moment they leave. For most of our custom package travellers, the only Savour Italy representative with whom they will have contact is you. It is therefore of the utmost importance that you meet the needs of each individual. Your main responsibility is to ensure that our clients have a fun, safe, memorable experience.
Our travellers have diverse ages and interests, and a multitude of reasons for embarking on their journey. You must ascertain what their needs are in order to ensure that they are satisfied with the quality of service that you provide, and to avoid potential complaints in the future.
Our pay rates vary based on your experience. We provide quarterly incentives, attractive discounts off our trips, daily expense allowances on trips and much more.
Is this the job for you?
Let us know more about you by filling the assessment questionnaire
The asterix (*) means that an answer is required